Architectural specification writer
Sacramento office (remote worker will be considered)
IF YOU ARE A SPECIFIER, THIS IS THE PLACE TO WORK!
DTR Consulting Services, the Building Science Guys, is a California-based architecture and building science consulting firm. For the past 20 years we have focused on the technical aspects of architecture within the building/design industry helping owners, developers, contractors and design professionals across the United States. United with the most technical aspects of a physically constructed building during design, construction and post-occupancy.
DTR is one of the largest construction specification consulting firms in the United States, and a highly regarded building fencing/waterproofing and forensic consulting firm, with multiple offices throughout California. We provide professional technical services such as; specification writing, independent QC/peer review services, building envelope/waterproofing consultancy and building survey/investigation services.
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A JOB THAT WILL VALUE YOU?
DTR is an exciting and growing company that is looking for the right people to help us grow and thrive. We love good architecture, building science, technology and education. We care about the people who work for us! Join us and watch your career grow. Work on the kind of projects in the environment you’ve always wanted. Our management style is to hire people who are motivated, eager to learn, confident and not afraid to fail. In doing so, we trust everyone’s individual performance.
The Sacramento (Roseville), CA office (remote worker will be considered) of DTR Consulting Services, Inc. (DTR) is actively seeking a specification writer who loves and thrives on continuous learning and has great social and communication skills. Applicants may be current architects or supporting individuals currently working at an architectural firm assisting in the development of project specifications.
This position will involve working with senior architects and building envelope architects/consultants to develop technical specifications, accurately prepare project manuals, and work with our client designers to assist with product selection. DTR writes specifications for all aspects of the building. This person can also coach junior specifiers to make our team even better.
The candidate will work on incredible, large-scale projects across the country on commercial, healthcare, education, hospitality, civic, retail, institutional and super high-end residential type projects. This position also assists in the construction and maintenance of DTR’s technical libraries for multiple offices.
Qualified candidates are considered problem solvers capable of developing practical and innovative solutions for the built environment, hold an architect’s and/or engineer’s license, or other related industry-recognized professional certifications as; CDT, CCS, CCCA or similar.
This position offers significant growth potential in technical/professional development areas and will be part of an exceptional and well-regarded team working on projects across the United States.
A minimum of six years of experience in architectural or commercial interiors with a minimum of three years (full-time) of increased responsibility in writing, editing and developing 3-part MasterFormat specifications, plus:
- A bachelor’s degree in architecture, interior design, construction management or a related field is a plus.
- Experience in assisting teams in sourcing product materials, fabricators and fabricators for architectural projects
- Develop specifications; including modifications (for divisions 01 to 14, 31 and 32 and more), assembly of project manuals, printing and formatting of specifications for all disciplines
- Coordinate with project team consultants, co-edit sections, omit duplicates and omissions
- Interface with Clients, Owners. and contractors, and bring your expertise to make the best project decisions.
- Develop/update internal masters using ARCOM/Deltek and other available resource materials
- Proficiency in reading construction drawings, schedules, criteria documents, details and specifications
- Occasional travel outside the local area depending on workload and projects
- You are intelligent, ambitious, work well with others and have high ethical standards
- You understand that one person can have a big impact on the success of an organization, but depend on and work with your team to achieve such success
- Perform specification editing and formatting, develop custom sections and assemble project manual deliverable specifications for all disciplines
- Construction Specifics Institute (CSI) membership. CDT certification is a plus. CCS and LEED AP will merit additional consideration
- Mastery of the software
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, with advanced Word training.
- Proficiency in MS Outlook email and calendar
- Bluebeam Revu, Bluebeam Studio and Adobe Acrobat to respond to customer reviews.
Candidates TO HAVE TO submit a form Cover letter describing how their experience meets the job requirements and what their career aspirations are. Include an update resumewhich includes a professionnal career. Applicants may submit these documents as one or more PDF files. CVs received without a cover letter will be NOT to be considered.
Compensation & Benefits: Excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, PTO (vacation, personal time and sick days), generous professional development support, 401(k) matching, profit sharing and performance bonuses, paid time off, direct deposit and free parking Great place to work and grow professionally (including very adventurous staff appreciation days) Must have a clean driving record and be willing to travel DTR will provide vocational training and professional development assistance, as well as continuing education in building sciences.
All of your information will be kept confidential in accordance with EEOC guidelines.
View your application history