Job title: Lecturer in Project Management
Location: De Montfort University – Dubai
Salary: 15,000 AED – 25,000 AED per month
De Montfort University is an ambitious, globally-minded university with a strong focus on delivering quality teaching and learning, and a focus across campus to deliver a cutting-edge student experience.
DMU has a commitment to the public good. We strive to maintain a nurturing and inclusive environment where staff and students can thrive. Our success is built on a fantastic student experience coupled with award-winning teaching and world-class facilities that help students develop the skills and attitudes employers demand.
The Faculty of Business and Law has an excellent reputation for the quality of teaching in a wide range of undergraduate, postgraduate and professional courses. Teaching excellence is at the heart of our commitment to professional, creative and vocational education.
Being able to develop and lead programs, support educational teams and contribute to the development of the sector. Provide excellent teaching at the university in relevant areas of expertise. Candidates who can teach in all disciplines of strategy and management as well as research methods are of particular interest. Be an active citizen of the subject group and the Department, engage in international collaborative partnerships and work closely with local business communities. Have a portfolio of research activities offering realistic prospects for publication in peer-reviewed international journals. Experience teaching the UK curriculum is a key requirement for this role.
Provide excellent teaching at the university in relevant areas of expertise. Candidates who can teach one or more of the following are of particular interest:
- Project management;
- Risk management;
- Property management;
- Quality management.
Main tasks and responsibilities
The main responsibilities of the incumbent are:
- Contribute to the development of subject matter and related curricula.
- Lead modules, plan and deliver excellent teaching that stimulates student interest in the field and is relevant to practice.
- Support students in their learning activities both academically and in practice.
- Develop and implement appropriate assessment strategies for theoretical and practical components.
- Establish and carry out a portfolio of research activities that offer realistic prospects for publication (as evidenced by track record or article pipeline).
- Actively contribute to the development of international activities and engage with local actors.
- Perform other roles within the department as required, including tutoring students, preparing relevant course reports, and participating in course councils as professionally required.
- Participate in the life and governance of the Department as required, including engagement in the development of the Department, recruitment activities and corporate relations.
- Perform relevant administrative tasks related to the position.
- Participate fully in the University’s quality assurance process relating to the discipline.
- From time to time, as required, to contribute to overseas faculty offerings, including short intensive courses at partner institutions.
This job description reflects the main duties and responsibilities of the position. However, the incumbent may be required to perform other ad hoc duties commensurate with the level of the position from time to time.
For further information on the position and job requirements, please contact: Dr Charu Banga ([email protected])
How to register
To apply for this position, you must submit a CV and cover letter, addressing the job description and person specifications in the cover letter by emailing [email protected] .
In your cover letter, please state the type of job you are seeking, your notice period/availability to start – and details of your current salary/rate of pay.
The closing date for applications is midnight (BST) on Sunday 4 September 2022.
Treat all DMU staff, students, contractors, and visitors with dignity and respect. To provide a service in accordance with the Equality Act 2010, eliminating unlawful discrimination, advancing equal opportunities and promoting good relations with particular attention to the protected characteristics of age, disability, gender reassignment , marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief (or none), sex and sexual orientation. Implement and monitor health and safety protocols and practices in accordance with legislation and the Faculty Safety Organization Statement.