The Project Management Coordinator provides administrative, operational, and tactical support to the EM team within the School of Business for on-campus MBA programs. This role will contribute to the success of the annual enrollment cycles for the MBA programs at Winston-Salem (WS) and Charlotte (CLT) in North Carolina.
• Serves as lead event planner and coordinator for all on-campus in-person and virtual recruiting events, including MBA meetups, information sessions, open houses, on-campus dinners, sessions affinity group networking, company visits, class visits and more. Duties include securing venues, creating agendas, finding presenters and other staffing needs, ordering supplies, planning meals, working with EM operations and marketing teams, and coordinating all the logistics of the event.
• Plan and schedule all virtual webinar events for the MBA program. Source presenters send calendar invites, work with EM Marketing team to promote and facilitate on Zoom
• Serve as a liaison between the EM team and the EM Operations Interview Coordinator to assign interview slots to the interview committee
• Prepares weekly Admissions Committee records for review
• Assist recruiters as needed with travel planning and coordination, including registering for events, finding venues, posting events in Slate CRM and on the School of Business calendar, and preparing for brochures and other materials for recruiters’ trips
• Assists recruiters in targeting and recruiting potential students whose profiles match current and anticipated talent profiles and replaces recruiters in their absence
• Supports the deputy director in the management of the student ambassador program
• Assists MBA colleagues in the planning and execution of all MBA events to include MBA traditions such as holiday parties, fall party, family picnics, orientation and graduation
• Promotes and demonstrates a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion to cultivate community
Other Administrative Responsibilities:
• Purchase and manage inventory of all EM merchandise and promotional items.
• Coordinate with Alumni Relations to find alumni for events and other initiatives.
• Other assigned tasks
Education, knowledge, skills, abilities required:
• Equivalent to high school plus three to five years of relevant experience.
• Evidence of excellent planning, organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including effective public speaking and presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to build and foster relationships with a diverse population and demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
• Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
• Travel between Winston-Salem and Charlotte as needed
Education, Knowledge, Skills, Preferred Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Experience in higher education or event planning
• Experience in project management
• Work under general supervision. Manages volunteer student ambassadors
• Flexible/hybrid work schedule available
• Position can be based in Winston-Salem or Charlotte, NC