This innovation unites project management and service delivery into a single platform to drive margin performance;
Clients gain greater visibility into project performance and receive the real-time information they need to manage costs
DURHAM, North Carolina, Nov. 15, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Today at Digital Wrap ConferenceServiceTrade, a leader in software specifically designed for business entrepreneurs, has launched Project Management, a revolutionary new feature to centralize and manage critical project management workflows.
For service providers, many projects struggle to generate meaningful benefits due to reactive processes in which cost overruns are identified too late, change orders are not communicated promptly to customers, and lack of live data Real time weighs on the productivity of service technicians.
In this context, project teams are turning more to visibility and collaboration tools to improve delivery. In fact, new to research shows that mechanical contractors who do more proactive work and on-budget projects grow 122% faster than their peers who focus on responsive, service-call-oriented project work.
Yet many project managers still use basic spreadsheets, rely on accounting systems that focus only on accuracy at the expense of real-time information, or purchase construction-centric management tools that are too bulky, expensive and administratively cumbersome for their needs.
“Every business entrepreneur wants to balance growth and profitability, but most rely on siled systems and reactive processes that focus on one-time engagement at the expense of creating long-term value for their customer,” said Billy Marshall, CEO of ServiceTrade. . “That’s why we created Project Management, a powerful tool that provides better visibility into project performance and provides the real-time insights business entrepreneurs need to manage costs and exceed customer expectations.”
Project Management Highlights
With Project Management, contractors who sell budgeted projects alongside maintenance and inspection services now have a centralized customer operations platform to deliver long-term value to their customers, from installation to completion. billing.
Project performance reports are at the heart of project management. This dashboard goes beyond financials to provide real-time information on everything from budgets and change orders to progress billing and live technician updates.
Project management capabilities
- Delivers projects on budget and on track with a unified view of financial and operational progress. With Project Management, it’s easier to catch problems before they become cost overruns.
- Keeps everyone in the loop, from finance professionals to project managers to the field technicians doing the work. With project management, real-time data means more strategic and informed decision-making.
- Works flexibly and reallocates resources when needed. Project management seamlessly integrates with ServiceTrade, so front office teams and service technicians have a single platform for all of their work.
Examples of project management applications
- Mechanical contractors can easily manage the upgrade and replacement of multiple units on the roof of an office building with many phases and milestone billing.
- Fire safety contractors can tightly control their costs during in-depth, weeks-long inspections, so they don’t exceed their budgeted labor costs.
- Electrical contractors can quickly identify issues in routine maintenance of large generator systems, quote repairs, and manage budgeted scope on a single platform.
Project management is built natively on the ServiceTrade platform. Select features are available today to all users with ServiceTrade Premium and Enterprise plans, with more features available in Q1 2023.
- Detailed (or Discreet) Cost Tracking – Available Now
- Real-Time Progress Reports – Available Now
- Budget management – Q1, 2023
- Change Orders – Q1 2023
- Progressive Billing – Q1, 2023
- Project Performance Report – Q1 2023
For more information
- Watch a demo of project management here.
- Attend a webinar: December 6 for current customers or December 7 for contractors who are not current customers.
- Learn more about ServiceTrade Blog.
Founded in 2012, ServiceTrade creates software-as-a-service (SaaS) applications for commercial service providers, such as mechanical contractors, HVAC contractors, and more. These contractors use ServiceTrade’s mobile and web applications to streamline operations, improve efficiency and increase revenue. ServiceTrade currently serves approximately 1,000 trade entrepreneurs. The company can be reached at: www.ServiceTrade.com.
Brian Bachofner, Marketing Director of ServiceTrade