About City Cancer Challenge
The City Cancer Challenge Foundation (C/Can) supports cities around the world in their efforts to improve access to equitable, quality cancer care.
The approach is based on the fundamental principle that cities can have an impact at the national level by developing data-driven solutions with the support of a network of global, regional and local partners who reflect an understanding of the unique local context.
C/Can was launched by the International Union Against Cancer (UICC) at the 2017 World Economic Forum Annual Meeting in Davos. It was created as an autonomous Swiss foundation in January 2019 and is now active in 11 cities around the world.
C/Can embarks on a major project to implement an organization-wide project management platform for quality assurance in the planning, execution, monitoring and evaluation of projects global and municipal.
The specific advantages associated with this project are:
- A platform will facilitate the flow of information internally between functions
- Enable a transparent overview of all projects
- Improved planning and scheduling of all ongoing projects within the organization
- Support longer term project planning
- The platform will become the single repository for project and MEL information
- Enable better collaboration and exchange of information between team members
- Improve productivity and capture institutional knowledge
- Thoroughly understand business processes within C/Can to be able to review currently available project data and translate it into usable data for PM tool developers.
- Collaborate with the C/Can team in the co-design of the database architecture to ensure that the project management platform meets the needs of current processes and provides the information required by the different teams in the ‘organization.
- Act as the primary liaison between the C/Can project management working group and the designated focal point of the project management IT platform developer.
- Ensure that documented needs and requirements are followed and implemented by the IT platform developer.
- Develop and execute a project plan that includes a schedule with milestones and KPIs.
- Develop a training program for effective deployment across C/Can and a change management strategy.
- Plan and execute a data migration plan that ensures high quality data and reliable reporting once the system is online.
- Present regular updates to the project’s project working group to make decisions, approve changes, and share updates on costs, schedule, and progress.
- At least 5 years of experience in project management activities with proven experience in implementing similar projects.
- Detail-oriented, with structured, organized and methodical planning skills.
- Experience working with IT platforms including Salesforce.
- Exceptional communication skills with experience translating and presenting complex IT-related topics to non-technical audiences.
- Track record of developing and implementing training for platform deployment.
- Fluent English (written and spoken).
- Ability to travel.
- Certified in project management and experience in change management at the organizational level.
- Good knowledge of the information management processes of international organizations.
- Intermediate knowledge of Spanish.
How to register
Qualified candidates can submit their application, including a Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter to: [email protected] Please ensure that all documents are sent as PDF documents with the titles “cover letter of your name” and “CV of your name”. Please indicate “Project Management Systems Consultant” in the subject line of the email. Applications will be received until a suitable candidate is identified.